Securities and Compliance Examiner at U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission
Securities and Compliance ExaminerU.S. Securities & Exchange Commission ·
💼 Tech ⏰ Full Time 🌍 Washington, DC
215 days ago
✅ 3 applications
About the Company
U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission
About the Job
Agency: U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
Position: Securities and Compliance Examiner
Location: Atlanta, GA; Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; Denver, CO; Fort Worth, TX; Los Angeles, CA; Miami, FL; New York, NY; Philadelphia, PA; Salt Lake City, UT; San Francisco, CA; Washington, DC
Salary: $141,421 - $272,100 per year
Open & Close Dates: 04/07/2023 to 04/21/2023
Job Link: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/718087300
The Division of Enforcement's Crypto Assets and Cyber Unit (CACU) operates on a nationwide basis, exercises the full range of the Division's investigative and law enforcement powers, and focuses on violations of the federal securities laws.
If selected, you will join a well-respected team that is responsible for developing and maintaining specialized knowledge and expertise in the identification and investigation of cyber-related misconduct in one of the advertised locations.
Conditions of Employment:
This position is open to U.S. Citizens.
Typical duties include:
• Serves as a subject matter expert, analyst and advisor in understanding and interpreting technical subject matter, including relevant industry trends and tools related to distributed ledger technology, blockchain technology, and smart contracts.
• Maintains expertise with a variety of crypto asset related tools and resources.
• Serves as a block chain specialist (tracing, understanding of technology, industry trends, and lead generation).
• Monitors social media and other relevant platforms.
• Analyzes large data sets such as trading data.
• Identifies topics for potential analysis involving relevant illicit financial activities (exploitation of cryptocurrency systems, manipulative trading, etc.).
• Formulates project methodology and identifies the analytical techniques for accomplishing project objectives.
• Drafts and prepares detailed reports, presentations, and data analyses which are typically used by investigative attorneys and managers to assist in decision making.
• Conducts analyses and develops findings of the most high profile and sensitive cases; and formulates conclusions about compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
• Provides support to enforcement staff in carrying out high-level, high-visibility and sensitive assignments frequently requiring immediate action.
• Assists in other CACU activities including the creation of reference materials, talking points or training for the CACU or the Enforcement Division or others.
• Serves as an expert on the technological aspects of cyberattacks, incident trends, cybersecurity controls, and response procedures.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Qualifying education must have been obtained from an accredited college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENT:
SK-16: Applicant must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS/SK-14 level performing two or more of the following functions:
(1) Analyzing, interpreting and/or advising on industry trends and tools related to distributed ledger technology, blockchain technology, and smart contracts; OR
(2) Providing expertise related to crypto asset related tools and resources; OR
(3) Serving as a block chain specialist (tracing, understanding of technology, industry trends, and lead generation); OR
(4) Creating reports utilizing large data sets.
Official transcripts will be required at the time of appointment to verify education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
SEC Compensation Program: The overall salary range listed above is provided for informational purposes as it represents the full range that is applicable to current employees in this occupation/grade; however, a selectee's initial pay is always set below the maximum rate of the range. Please click here for additional information.
Reasonable Accommodation: If you are an applicant who needs a reasonable accommodation for disability to participate in the application process at the SEC, submit the form for Reasonable Accommodation for Participation in Job Application Process here. Please be sure to submit your request at least 5 business days in advance of the date you need the requested accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Information for SEC Job Applicants: Federal EEO laws protect all applicants from discrimination on the following bases: race, color, sex (not limited to conduct which is sexual in nature, includes pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, transgender status), age (40 and over), religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, retaliation for participating in the EEO process or opposing discrimination. Applicants who believe they have been discriminated against on any EEO basis can seek recourse through the SEC's administrative complaints process. To be timely, an individual must enter the EEO process within 45 days from when they know (or should have known) of the alleged discrimination. Click here for additional information.
TTY/ASCII: Video Relay Service users are welcome to contact the appropriate SEC office or employee via the contact information listed above. If you do not otherwise have access to a Video Phone or Video Relay service, you may send us an email or use the Federal Video Relay Service via the internet. For more information about using the Federal Relay Service and to create a new account, please see: https://www.federalrelay.us/.
Additional guidance and application instructions can be found here: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/718087300
$141,421 - $272,100 per year
Applications for this job are currently closed.Apply on CryptoJobs
Crypto Presale Manager and Marketing DirectorTokenomics
💼 Tech ⏰ Full Time 🌍 Remote
140 days ago
🔥 59 applications
DeFi Analyst and EducatorDecentralized Masters
💼 Tech ⏰ Full Time 🌍 Remote
26 days ago
🔥 283 applications
Android Native DeveloperTrustSwap
💼 Tech ⏰ Full Time 🌍 Remote
197 days ago
✅ 26 applications
Co-founder and CTOTectone23
💼 Tech ⏰ Full Time 🌍 London
394 days ago
✅ 33 applications