VP of EngineeringTradeBlock
Full Time Tech
Remote United States
Posted 60 days ago
TradeBlock is a wholly owned subsidiary of CoinDesk, servicing financial firms with crypto currency trading technology, institutional-grade market data, as well as blockchain data and analytics. We are a technology company focused on building the future of finance by developing robust data infrastructure for blockchain networks and crypto markets.
TradeBlock is looking for an experienced technical leader to help build out our engineering team. This position will be responsible for business-critical architecture and long-term technology decisions. They will also take the lead on developing and expanding the engineering team in line with TradeBlock’s principles. A strong candidate would have experience building a team and scaling high-availability financial systems, and must be willing to be hands-on when needed (especially as the crypto market continues to grow). Deep Linux and AWS experience is important, as well as experience developing complex and comprehensive data-processing pipelines.
* Enable and drive strategic decisions and the future of the business, guiding decisions from a deep understanding of technology infrastructure.
* Build upon, deliver and maintain technology aligned with the business vision and the needs of its customers.
* Provide team engineers with the processes, management, mentorship, and tools to design and develop mission-critical engineering solutions (e.g. comprehensive knowledge bases, learning opportunities, standard processes and technical standards).
* Grow the technical expertise of the company as it relates to performance, scalability, and maintainable infrastructure.
* Ensure the team implements and adheres to security best practices.
* Work with the product team to set expectations, allocate resources and prioritize, and follow through on commitments.
* Responsible for the being, retention, advancement, and performance of engineers.
* Experience successfully managing and delivering large projects.
* 10+ years of engineering management experience, leading teams focused on results.
* Demonstrated experience managing and developing managers in an engineering organization.
* Demonstrated success in working with Product and Sales teams to provide capacity planning for the business
* High level knowledge of different technology disciplines (Data Analysis, Security, DevOps) and ability to grow teams in these work streams
* Proficient in Linux command line, system administration and excellent hands-on experience with Linux platforms.
* Excellent networking knowledge (firewalls, load balancers, TCP/IP protocols, traffic shaping).
* A deep understanding of distributed, high-availability systems, OS and network security, and building systems at scale.
* Experience scaling an engineering team and infrastructure at a fast-growing organization.
* Willingness to drive the day to day operations of an engineering organization.
* Experience with distributed systems.
* PostgreSQL and Redis experience.
* HAProxy experience.
* 10+ years experience with Linux.
* 3+ years running bare-metal systems.
* 3+ years experience in AWS administration.
* 4+ years infrastructure experience in crypto currencies, FX, or traditional capital markets.
Highly competitive salary and benefits
Head of Web3 for a VC funded music tech company. Cofounder position.Anonymous because the Web3 division is in stealth.
Full Time Tech 📌 Sticky
1345 views · featured 10 days ago
Front-End Software Developer (ReactJS)LocalCryptos
Full Time Tech
956 views · featured 13 days ago
Member of Technical Staff, Backend Engineering (Platform)Anchorage Digital
Full Time Tech
896 views · featured 18 days ago
Member of Technical Staff, Backend Engineering (Cryptoassets)Anchorage Digital
Full Time Tech
1136 views · featured 18 days ago
Share this opportunity:
CryptoJobs is the #1 website for blockchain jobs. We believe the emergence of blockchain technology and decentralized applications will change the world as we know it, and it’s already happening. We’re on a mission to connect talented individuals to the best blockchain projects, to accelerate the advent of a more decentralized world.
Join 20,000+ crypto enthusiasts for weekly updates:
And 1,000+ other crypto companies around the world